Friday, March 16, 2012

Miss Virginia in Ukraine


I served as a Peace Corps Volunteer from 2006 to 2008 in a small town called Bratslav in Ukraine. While there, I taught English to 5th through 11th graders. I also taught seminars on HIV/AIDS and human trafficking, and wrote a water sanitation grant.

This is my blog from when I was there: Miss Virginia in Ukraine (so named for all the programs I had taught and tutored at where I was known as Miss Virginia).

Here are some highlights:

My first, frantic post after arriving: “I’m here!!! I’m fine!”, Oct. 21, 2006

My trip to Germany: “Christmastime for Virginia in Germany”, Jan. 5, 2008

The Paul McCartney concert in Kyiv: “Paul McCartney, Summer Camp, and T-Shirts”, June 26, 2008

My trip to Mozambique to visit another friend in Peace Corps there: “Miss Virginia in Africa”, July 15, 2008

My final HIV/AIDS seminars: “Crimea, and Seminars (Long Entry!)”, Sept. 27, 2008

And, my final entry: “Road Verginia Robertivna”, Nov. 19, 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment